Sunday, February 3, 2008

The "Something Will Stick" Theory of Learning

If you read enough on one particular subject, then gradually some of it will "stick", or be remembered. And if you continue to read on that subject for long enough then eventually so much of it will have "stuck", that you will know practically everything on the subject, and be a master of it.
Example: I was given too many classes on meteorology in school as a kid and had to study it even though I didn't care for the subject. But when I took a test on it later in highschool I got 100% of the answers correct. And still to this day I can remember almost all of the cloud types and how they predict and read the weather patterns using isobars,warm/cold fronts, and direction, and all of the scientific instruments used, etc.

No comments: