Monday, February 4, 2008

"Rich Guy Wins" Theory

As ascribed to some games of poker and to monopolies. It can also be seen in sports. I should have placed a bet because I said that in the 2008 superbowl 42 that the rich guys would win. And sure enough my pick for new york giants was correct. Based on the knowledge that the rich guy buys the franchise, the rich guy gets the high bid on the best players, and in some sports(namely the basketball ref. scandal '07) even the judges can be payed off. Not to mention that the superbowl is always on a different channel every year because each channel bids for it and the rich guy bids best. Also continuing the theme, the commercials which attract half of the viewers of the superbowl, also go to the highest bidders for the airtime. I guess they just keep us little guys around so that we can work for them.
Anyways I would have won the bet, oh well!

No comments: