Monday, February 4, 2008

Prediction : New Coinage Design

Because they say that we will never get rid of paper and coin currency, I predict that there will be a new coin developed in America to solve the problem of the copper in pennies being worth more than a penny, and the nickel in a nickel being worth more than a 5 cents. It would probably be done by combining coins into a higher denomination new coin. So there would now be a new 7 cent coin of copper and a new 15 cent coin made of nickel, as just an example. But maybe they will finally come out with some new form of electronic payment, that is theft proof and identity theft proof. Utilizing RFD technology to interface with computer tellers. And when it's cheap enough(and it will be) all merchandise will have RFD's in them too, which gets rid of lines, I guess.
The most likely identity theft proof technology is biometrics which uses some kind of easy interface of unforgeable personal biology. But that technology is way down the road of new discoveries.
LATER ADDED: Maybe I'm being too optimistic. Maybe the government that has fort knox will say ...
"Screw all the people who rely on the dollar to put food on the table. And screw all of the old people who were going to get their hard earned social security check. We're now going to just let the system collapse, and let the problem run it's course. Now I'm just going to save my own butt. Because at least we the people in power aren't involved. And why should I care about them, I mean they aren't me, so why should I care about anyone other than myself. It's only logical. I'm just following orders. It's not my fault."

No comments: