Monday, September 21, 2009

Alaska

I was thinking, what if within a year I have enough money to buy a piece of land where I'm at now. Then I will use that as a home base. Then I will set out towards Alaska and find land for sale in Alaska and build one house in Alaska every summer of every year starting next year. And the good thing about living in Alaska is the "permanent distribution fund". Which means that if you can verify that I lived there for 2 weeks out of the year I think, then I'll get 3000$ a year(or whatever it is that year). Then you can buy another piece of land every year and improve the land by building a house on it. Also each house would need boat access to a town in the summer and snow mobile access to a nearby town in the winter.

I have a video on how to build a cabin in Alaska, so I would start out by making my first one with the most obvious and proven methods and then experiment with new techniques on later cabins.

Why is this a good investment of time and money?

1. live in the cabin rent free

2. rent out the cabin to tourists

3. sell the self built cabin for what it's worth or less(you make money the buyer makes money/win,win) and move onto building another one

4. exercise for the rest of my life to lose weight.

5. just the experience of it and knowing how to build my own house in many different ways.

6. The demand for housing in alaska is high while the supply is low. Therefore cabins are expensive so there's high potential to profit.

7. learn how to utilize the environment to find fresh berries or fish or caribou or goats, or rabbits, birds, duck eggs

8. nicest city in america is anchorage alaska

9. No more risky living in the city(accidents, crime, no land, noise,)

10. no more bills (cell pnone, car insurance, electricity, plumbing, cable, internet, food, movies, holidays)

11. everyone always says the city is boring anyway.

12. no building codes or any other laws or rules.

No comments: