Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Making my own Bed

Before picture

I was watching "Alone in the wilderness" again and saw Dick Proenneke building his own bed from scratch. So since my cheapo bed just broke I decided to build my own, and it only cost $24.10


So I set of on my Hair brained idea to build a bed with this rudimentary scribble of a diagram

So I bought it all then sawed the pieces with a pruning saw because my other bigger saw that I bought didn't work because it wasn't sharp. I later returned it. Then a black and decker drill that I had didn't even last 15 minute on a 3 hour charge. So we're in the process of returning that. But I carefully screwed all the pieces together then when it was finished I wrapped 100 ft. of rope around it as tight as I could and now it's slightly springy from the wood bowing a tiny bit.

Tools needed:
  • tape measure
  • pencil
  • pruning saw
  • power dril
  • philips head bit
Supplies needed:
  • (3 count) wood 2x3x8 ...............................................cost $5.79
  • 3 inch wood to wood or wood to masonry screws .cost $7.98
  • 100ft twisted poly rope.............................................cost $8.75
  • .............................................................total cost $24.10
And the whole thing took about an hour to build not including all of the run around time to get stuff.


Finished bed







How I screwed it





How I screwed it





I made my bed now I can sleep in it

No comments: